After finishing my previous blog with a book, Fahrenheit 451, I decided to read Animal Farm.

Sunday 27 May 2007

Entry 8: My choice

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f329/princess_hussina/Animal-Farm.jpg
* entry of your choice
Comparing Fahrenheit 451 and Animal Farm:
If you ask me to choose my favorite book between Fahrenheit 451 and Animal Farm, I would choose Animal Farm. The reason is because I had more interest reading Animal Farm than Fahrenheit 451. It true that I can apply the theme and the meanings of the books to the world, but Animal Farm seduced me in a different way and showed me a lot of similarities that is happening currently and that happened in the past. Fahrenheit 451 is kind of unrealistic and wasn’t my type but it was fairly interesting and was able to compare to the current world. While I was working on my blog, I was able to see the world in different perspectives and point of views. I wouldn’t be able to change the dystopian world, but I’m sure that I would be aware of the fact that is going around me. It was great to have an opportunity to learn differently by using my opinions to explain the book and the society instead of just reading, memorizing vocabularies, and taking AR quizzes. I am proud of myself to see two finished blogs by scrolling up my mouse up and down. I recommend the future freshmen to make a blog like this and feel satisfied of their works that they have done.

No comments: